Re: [CQ-Contest] Key Clicks

To: Jim McCook <w6ya@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Key Clicks
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 12:11:08 -0500
I did the W8JI mod to my FT-1000D years ago. It helped, but the clicks are
still pretty bad. That’s why I bought the K3.

Modern ICOM rigs are pretty. A active contester about a mile from me has one,
though I don’t remember which one. Increasing the rise and fall times didn’t
help much.  We eliminated the possibility of hot switching, etc. An equidistant
K3 causes no problems.

73,

Scott K9MA

Scott Ellington