Re: [CQ-Contest] Best CW Contest radio.....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best CW Contest radio.....
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 17:10:31 -0700
On 9/16/2020 12:55 PM, David Gilbert wrote:
I've been disappointed to see how many of the replies to the original post only talk about receive aspects when at least some of those same recommended rigs have less than ideal performance (phase noise, IMD, key clicks, etc) on transmit.  Especially since those transmit problems mean multiple other hams on the band can suffer on their receive side.

Right on, Dave! Last I looked (and I look often), Elecraft K3/K3S and Flex 6500-series are the cleanest, Kenwood TS590-series is second cleanest, and also pretty inexpensive. A top contester I know uses one and likes it.

73, Jim K9YC