Re: [CQ-Contest] Pandemic impact

To: "k5zd@outlook.com" <k5zd@outlook.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pandemic impact
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 21:52:36 +0000 (UTC)
One more anecdotal observation:
In the past few years in the Ohio QSO Party as a mobile, I had around 850 QSOs.
This past August I had 1470!
A few other factors were in play, the State QSO Party Challenge, and the fact
that this year August had five full weekends and the OhQP's regular fourth
Saturday was a clear date. But COVID was certainly a factor.
For another chance to check things out, I'll be out mobile in the Pennsylvania
QSO Party this weekend. Stop by and have some socially distant fun!

73  -  Jim   K8MR