Re: [CQ-Contest] HamCation QSO Party

To: "ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] HamCation QSO Party
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 02:28:02 +0000 (UTC)
We'll have FAQs out covering lots of these questions.
But meanwhile, we don't really care if you use C or F. If you're Canadian,
we'll guess C.
I don't know morse for "-" ,  but I'd suggest using "N" for negative
temperatures, i.e.  " N 10" . We have a N1MM+ UDC module that will accept "-"
in the temperature field. And since we aren't taking logs, it won't matter what
you log.
Just please don't confuse us by combining negative temperatures with cut
numbers. We won't know for sure if  "N N" means 16 F or a record (Fahrenheit)
heat wave in Canada   ;-)

73  -  Jim   K8MR/4
One of the crazy FCG folks helping out with this contest.