Re: [CQ-Contest] Feb Sprint Time Changes

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Feb Sprint Time Changes
From: K3TN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 11:52:26 +0000 (UTC)
Always good to try new ideas in this hobby - let's see how a 2300 start works
and we can all weigh in to the contest sponsors if we liked the change or not.
Funny how "moving the cheese" tends to cause angst in many - even those who are
probably getting closer to the cheese or who don't even like cheese!
I did a tongue in cheek piece many years ago during my first stint as the
editor of the PVRC newsletter back in the 1980s/early 90s that was based on the
predictable yearly round of west coast complaints about DX tests being slanted
towards the west coast and the usual east coast responses that domestic tests
were slanted towards the West coast, etc.
Back then, there were suggestions to move the Sprints earlier but many of the
west coast persuasion thought it would impact participation on the west coast
because of colliding with dinner time. Personally, I think N5KO and N2IC would
be battling for the top two positions even if they operated while eating
dinner, or were forced to move to KL7...
All the professional sports leagues have continual tweaking of the rules, good
to see same attitude being tried by the Sprint sponsors.
73 John K3TN