Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: CQ WPX M/M Distributed Category Update

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: CQ WPX M/M Distributed Category Update
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 16:16:49 -0400
I'm not trying to be negative but with all due respect if this was such an exciting break thru why were there only a few entries in this so called exciting new category (?)  Anyone can invite a youth operator to their station in person OR remotely operate it as a Multi-Op so I guess I don't understand how this all correlates to having seven different stations being operated using one call sign? All seven stations operated by WW1X were on the Remote Ham Radio network. You could've had seven separate Multi-Multi operations with separate call signs and had double (or more) youth operators given the chance to operate a big station. What a great idea it would be having these youth operators competing against their peers instead of all of us old guys? It's apparent W2RE is a very smart guy for figuring out how to get this distributed remote setup to work (kudos to him) but I really don't think this is the future of contesting because most contesters don't have the resources W2RE has or just don't have the desire to do this.

When I was youngster I was lucky to be invited to operate at some big multi-op stations and it definitely shaped me as a contester so I understand Ray's enthusiasm about giving young contesters a chance at operating a big station. Good for him and it would be nice if other big station owners shared his enthusiasm

Jeff