Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution

To: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>, "'CQ-Contest@contesting. com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 11:57:38 -0700

The answer to your question ... for the umpteenth time ... is that a mode SIMILAR to FT8 or FT4 but with a different interface and some different parameters could and should be an excellent contesting mode if it was done properly by somebody who was smart enough and cared enough to do it.  That you and the majority of hams seem to think as you do is why it isn't likely to ever happen, but that doesn't make it a complete shame that it won't.

Dave   AB7E