[CQ-Contest] Batavia contest

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Batavia contest
From: AB1J via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 12:03:09 +0000 (UTC)
The YB Batavia FT8 contest is this UTC weekend, all 48 hours.

I tried to help out by working a few participants, all statesiders (CQ WW),
with no luck, so I though I'd better check the rules.  I found the following:

"QSO with same country will count for zero (0) point but still possible count
for Country or Prefixes multiplier."

This seems a poor rule, especially for a 48 hour contest with little activity,
at least here in NA.

Even so, with prefixes as mults, it's odd no one would work me. Must be wall to
wall AB1 stations out there.

The rule itself is borrowed from the CQ WW rules.  Although the CQ WW contests
are the biggest and most popular, its rules come from 1948 and are dated, if
not obsolete now.

73,
Ken, AB1J