Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW - Rules Changes Needed

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>, reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW - Rules Changes Needed
From: ku8e <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 15:05:42 -0400
 NAQP is a low power contest so it supposedly levels the playing field? So I
guess if you are using a dipole that's equal to using a beam on the tower?
Personally I don't think running an amplifier makes a difference when going
against the higher tier well equipped stations running low power. I've run my
amplifier in NAQP in the past ( I didn't submit my score) and while I do a
little better than if I ran low power it's still not even close to to top LP
scores. The antennas you use is the equalizer not how much power you're
running. So the concept of running low power to equal things is flawed.The
rules for NAQP have been the same forever. When the rules were written years
ago there weren't online packet clusters, skimmers or many people doing SO2R.
Why not update them with the times?  It would be cool to have a domestic only
contest that you can work everyone on all the bands and do it high power. Also
have assisted and low power categories like every other contest.JeffSent from
my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: 8/8/21  11:18 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: reflector cq-contest
<CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM> Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW - Rules Changes
Needed Now that this running is behind us, the organizers need to seriously
consider a change in the rules.It is unnecessary, and downright punitive, to
push assisted single ops into Multi-2, instead of creating a separate single op
assisted category. Many of us, with limited antennas (see HOAs) can only S&P.
Without assistance, operating becomes a deadly boring sequence of tune, copy,
type the call in, be told it's a dupe, and repeat.The rule now consigns
assisted ops to submergence in the multi-op category, when it would be so
simple to create a single-op assisted category. It's certainly not in the
interest of expanding NAQP participation to continue punishing assisted ops
this way.  Time to act!-- 73, Pete N4ZRCheck out the new Reverse Beacon
Networkweb server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.For spots, please use your
favorite"retail" DX