Re: [CQ-Contest] Forum topic

To: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Forum topic
From: Kenneth Wolff <ken@k1ea.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 13:18:24 -0400
The biggest contest so far had over 4,500,000 qsos (CQWW CW 2019).

WWROF stepped up a few years back and provided a hefty machine with 32
cores and 256GB of memory to get the job done. It is located in a
commercial hosting center with the failsafes one would expect. This is the
same cqww.com that serves all the CQ Contest web pages (tnx to K5ZD). Dave,
KM3T and Geo K5TR are the IT geniuses behind it.

The code is heavily multithreaded C++, and optimized for speed over memory
use, so we are still under two minutes of run time for the biggest CQ
Contests. However, when we enable the modules used to detect cheaters, run
time can be up to an hour.

We don't discuss algorithms used to detect cheaters, don't ask! 😀

- Ken K1EA
CQWWCC member