Re: [CQ-Contest] earbuds?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] earbuds?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 22:09:55 -0700
On 8/31/2021 6:10 PM, David Siddall wrote:
He settled on a product from the
line of LiNX aids from the Danish firm ReSound.

My XYL has been wearing a pair of that brand for several years, and likes them. Costco sells quality aids from several vendors at roughly half the cost from an audiologist practice, and our local Costco has an excellent hearing aid department. I'm retired from pro audio, where I had to learn a LOT about human hearing, how the ear and the ear/brain work. I went through the same examination that she did for her aids, and I sat in the room with her when they adjusted hers. (I didn't buy aids.) I was VERY impressed by the quality of the test equipment they used, their understanding of both the human and technology issues, and their professionalism. BTW -- I first learned about Costco as a source of aids from W6OAT, who at the time was on his second pair. Another NCCC member, N3ZZ, also wears aids from Costco.

73, Jim K9YC

Updated versions are
available here in the U.S., if you are interested in exploring their
capabilities.  Another option is to try to restore your hearing profile
without a hearing aid, as such using one of the products from the
Australian company Nura.  A third option is to carefully adjust your audio
profile using the multi-band receive audio equalizer that now is available
on some transceivers, such as the FLEX signature and Apache Anan lines.