Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW in-band multi op

To: "Mike VE9AA ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW in-band multi op
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:50:39 -0600
I had to laugh when I saw some of Mike's ideas because this was me this
past weekend (unfortunately)!  I was using my newly acquired Kenwood TS590S
in the CQWW and just doing search and pounce so I programmed the UP and
DOWN buttons on the mic to send various CW memories.  Hitting the DOWN
button would send my call, and that always worked fine.  I would hit the UP
button to send the exchange, and everyone once in a while the rig would do
something else, like change VFOs, or go into split instead.  I had to pay
close attention to what was going on, and when it did this, make the
necessary change to get back to the correct frequency and send the
exchange-usually manually by this point.

So, if I was one of the delayed callers from the original thread-I
apologize!  Something the rigs get a mind of their own.

73 John AF5CC