[CQ-Contest] International Rrply Coupons (IRC)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, "sedxc@groups.io s >> SEDXC"@groups.io
Subject: [CQ-Contest] International Rrply Coupons (IRC)
From: John Laney <k4bai@ku8e.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 20:24:30 -0500
In case any of you have any current style IRCs that you have received, the current IRCs expire on December 31, 2021.  You can find the expiration date on the reverse side. The United States Post Office no longer sells IRCs, but must redeem them for one stamp good for air mail postage to overseas countries.

I found that I had received seven of them, mostly from Japan, and successfully traded them at my local post office for seven overseas air mail stamps.  After Dec 31, they will have expired and will have no value except a small value to a postage stamp/postal coupon collector.

You may get some static from your local post office branch, but you should insist that they comply with their postal regulations, which are, in turn, part of their agreement with the International Postal Union.

73, John, K4BAI.