Topband: Stew Perry 160 meter test this weekend

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry 160 meter test this weekend
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 08:09:18 -0800
All -

The annual Stew Perry 160 meter Distance Challenge is coming up this
weekend.  It starts at 1500Z on Dec 18th and runs for 24 hours.  The
exchange is your grid square and the points you get are proportional to the
distance of the contact.  Full rules and other information available at
www.kkn.net/stew.

As usual - many of you have stepped forward to sponsor a plaque for this
unique event.

We have plaques for the Top Scores from many geographical areas:

High Power Single-Op World, Europe, Africa, SE Asia
CQ Zones 3, 22, 24, 25, 26-28
USA 5th call area
Within 15 degrees of the equator

There are also plaques for those using temporary antennas, a very lousy
antenna or various sizes of small lots.

Some of the stranger plaques include an award to the highest score only
using search and pounce, highest # of QSOs with no busts, use of a vintage
station, daytime only operation and one for the highest score from a
first-time entrant.

If you feel a plaque should be added to the list, there is still time to
make your intentions known.  Send me a direct email and we will work out
the details. The plaques for the previous event will be shipping in the
next week or two.  We apologize for the delay.

Hope to work many of you this weekend in one of the most enjoyable evenings
you will have on the Topband.

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT
tree@kkn.net