[CQ-Contest] Software Column in NCJ - Need Ideas

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Software Column in NCJ - Need Ideas
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:55:34 -0500
I've just resumed writing a software column for NCJ, my third stint over the last 10 years or so.  To put it mildly, the software scene has changed dramatically over that period, and software has become so integral to ham radio contesting that it's mostly taken for granted, and I find it hard to come up with topics that people will find intersting or useful.  Hence this message...

Do you have specific software packages, or kinds of software, that you'd like to see written about in NCJ?  How about subjects *about* software, and the influence of software on contesting?  One topic I'm thinking about is call history files.  Do you think they've been on balance good or bad for contesting?  What about the effect on logging accuracy?  What software do you use to help you with antenna construction and decision-making about what to put up? What capabilities would you like to see that don't currently exist (at least not within ham budgets)?

You come up with the topics, I'll get the software and give it a shakedown cruise. Over....

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.