[CQ-Contest] Remote operating software - for NCJ column

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote operating software - for NCJ column
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 10:38:46 -0500
From the number of comments I've received, both on the reflector and off, it appears that a prime subject these days is remote operation.  I did a little a few years ago using a Remoterig box to connect my K-3 to another at W4RN.  It worked, but was a little cumbersome, and in the meantime I  got a tower up and stopped doing that.

So, the question is, if you operate remotely, what hardware/software/radio combination do you use, and how do you like it?  What problems have you encountered and what solutions have you found?  If you'd rather not have your comments sourced to you by name/callsign, please be sure to let me know so that I can respect your wishes.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.