Re: [CQ-Contest] Is better antenna isolation also diminishing antenna az

To: SM0HRP <kari@sm0hrp.se>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is better antenna isolation also diminishing antenna azimutal pattern distorsion?
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 16:09:58 +0000
On Sat, Jun 04, 2022 at 10:32:06AM +0200, SM0HRP wrote:

> Thanks for the inputs. I was a little unclear with "150 km" to other
>  RBN stat> ions. I meant RBN spots readings from dx stations (USA,
> Japan..) of my statio> n and nearby stations.

I am pretty sure I understand what you are saying.

Comparing RBN levels between your station and stations that are 150 km
away.  As far as doing this over some short time frames or doing this
with the sparse data provided by the RBN system - I think will be
useless.

In my experiance - signal levels to distant locaitons from two
stations 150km or even less apart can be very different even over very
short periods of time.

You would likely to need much more data averaged over a much longer
period of time to attmpt to get any insight.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net