[CQ-Contest] QSO Party Rules

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party Rules
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 15:32:08 -0700
I've long enjoyed working QSO parties, and have won a few, but one scoring rule for many of them discourage my participation, and caused me to avoid them. The rule awarding multipliers to in-state stations for their counties causes mobiles to avoid the higher bands while those bands are still open, causing me to miss multipliers. I won't be on for TXQP and the Salmon Run, both this weekend.

Other parties that I've worked in the past but abandoned for that reason include TNQP, NEQP, and PAQP.

Parties that I will work include FLQP, GAQP, 7QP, and CQP.

73, Jim K9YC