Re: [CQ-Contest] 6M CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 6M CW
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 13:54:55 -0400
Those are sad VHF CW totals but it is not just 6m that lacks Morse code
activity.  Earlier this year I operated 30m CW from PJ4 using a 2el beam on
a mountain top. Conditions seemed good but I had to beg for QSOs and quit
before making a hundred. I had similarly poor results last year from P4.
15-20 years ago I had huge 30m CW pilups from P40A using a low dipole.

John KK9A

Jim Brown k9yc wrote:

This was the summary for 22 hours in June VHF by 4 ops at super-station
N6RO running High Power. At least three are serious CW contesters,
including N6RO himself. In the write-up, WD6T noted "CW contacts
galore," with 12 CW QSOs, all on 6M. N6RO is about 90 miles NE of me.

  Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
     50  CW      11      11    5   1.0
     50  FM       1       1    0   1.0
     50  FT8    181     181  103   1.0