Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestion for the ARRL June VHF contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestion for the ARRL June VHF contest
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 23:00:59 -0700
On 10/28/2022 1:36 PM, Stan Zawrotny wrote:
In following this discussion, one would think that the ARRL, CQ and the
IARU are the only organizations that sponsor contests, so they can schedule
contests whenever they want.

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple. Several major contests are sponsored from clubs in JA, including All Asia, there are SSB and CW weekends of the Oceania contest, RAC sponsors 24 hour contests on Canada Day and in Dec, there are three weekends of WAE, and RSGB runs several contests, including IOTA, BARTG, and the Commonwealth contest, and I suspect that there are bunch more EU-sponsored contests that I'm not aware of because I live on the West Coast. It's a pretty small world, and getting smaller. :)

73, Jim K9YC