Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Countdown Is On (K3ZJ

To: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@advanced-conversion.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Countdown Is On (K3ZJ
From: Ed Parish <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 13:45:40 -0400
So here is my question. Not based on the ethics of this spotting but on
real life. We all know that fully automated systems sometimes run into
problems. A bad wifi link, a computer crash, etc. What happens when you
don't have the real time data from one of the competitors? Are rhey not
getting real time spots, but every one else is?  Do you shut down the
system until you are certain everyone is "online"? Is there a manual backup
and does that work if communications are down to a particular site?