Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Scoring Question

To: Lee Volante <g0mtn1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Scoring Question
From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 22:07:53 +0000
While you adjusted for geography, you failed to account for population in each
quali area. The advantage swings toward W2 which has relatively less number of
competitors leaving the top guys more chance to grab max points.

I think we have had enough wrtc experience now to know that only a few very
active ops from big stations in a region really have any chance to qualify.
Doesn’t matter that much how you slice it.

Randy k5zd