[CQ-Contest] How They Win: Ham Radio Contest Secrets from N6MJ and KL9A

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] How They Win: Ham Radio Contest Secrets from N6MJ and KL9A
From: Kevin Thomas <kthomas@littlejohnisland.me>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 00:18:01 +0000
How They Win: Ham Radio Contest Secrets from N6MJ and KL9A

Dan Craig N6MJ and Chris Hurlbutt KL9A are phenoms in the ham radio contesting
world. They’ve competed 9 times at the World Radiosport Team Championships and
have been on the podium together twice - Gold in 2014 and Bronze in 2018. I
caught up with Dan and Chris just days after their 1st (N6MJ) and 2nd (KL9A)
place finishes in the 2023 CQ Worldwide CW contest Single Operator High Power
All Band category. For that contest, Dan traveled to ZF1A in Grand Cayman and
Chris to TI7W in Costa Rica. They are open about their operating strengths and
weaknesses but especially talk about the preparation and station excellence
that are required to win. There is much to learn from Dan and Chris' commitment
to ham radio, their high level of operating skills, and their reminder that at
the end of the day we all share a fun and camaraderie filled hobby.

You Tube Interview at this link:: https://youtu.be/OEA_Ky2Lg24

- Kevin W1DED