Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead horse #99

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead horse #99
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 17:39:53 -0500
Thanks for the re-clarification, John.

The case I'm describing is covered, if at all, only under "other methods".
If, after the contest, I notice that I typed "KV01" am I prohibited from
correcting it to "KV0I", using only the database in my head?  (There is no
such call as KV01.  I know I worked KV0I -- I remember being happy that I
had the Nebraska multiplier in the log.  I can even find the QSO in my log,
with the NE Section.)

"It's extremely rare that fixing a couple typo errors is going to make a
meaningful difference in your result or final standing."

That depends on how much I needed that Nebraska mult  :>)

"Oddly, it seems easier to me to fix the problem while operating vs. taking
the time to create a note. Maybe I'm missing something with that
assumption?"

You are missing two things: 1) You type a lot better than I do; 2) Some of
us are slow/clumsy enough typists that it's faster to grab our every-handy
pencil and jot a note on a piece of paper.  (And I'd allow mental notes, if
you are honest about it.)  Again :>)

73, Art K3KU