[CQ-Contest] World Wide Award 2024 invitation ! January 2024.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Award 2024 invitation ! January 2024.
From: IK1HJS <ik1hjs@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 12:55:32 +0100
Hi to all,

The Hamaward Team (owners of the Hamaward.cloud award platform) are pleased to announce a new WORLD WIDE AWARD 2024 chase that will take place in the month of January 2024 celebrating the 150 year anniversary of G. Marconi's birth. It will be a similar event to the WRTC AWARD conducted in January 2023.

The WWA combines activity from special event stations around the world with real-time award tracking for the chasers, creating excitement on CW and SSB and Digital  across the HF bands.

The WWA rules can be found at <https://hamaward.cloud/public/world_wide_award_2024_rules.pdf>.

The January 2023 event numbers speak for themselves - 1.4 million QSOs with 109.000 unique hunters in one month! We can tell you that being an activator is a thrilling experience of radio with pileups every day. Each activator may decide how much time  they want to dedicate to the award and enjoy radio at their convenience, from home or club station, using possibly a Special Event Callsign.

The Hamaward Team is now looking for teams of *activators from every country around the world*. If your country doesn't have a coordinator yet (or invitation email), you can volunteer to lead an activation team. You will request a "WWA" suffix special callsign (e.g. II1WWA)  if possible, or any other special callsign, then sign up your team of stations and operators. We ask new country coordinators to be active at least for 15 days during January 2024, with,  at least 5 activators for every callsign and the possibility to work at least in  SSB and CW modes.

Just drop us an email to ik1hjs@gmail.com and the Hamaward Team will be honored to include you and your activators in the list. There will be only one coordinator per country and an unlimited number of activators with not more than 10 Special event callsigns active (e.g., from 0 to 9 call number) per country. We will include your new special event call and activators  in the platform and show you how to be active.

Help us celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth G. Marconi, the father of radio!

73,

Carlo De Mari, IK1HJS
WWA Activation Leader for Hamaward Team (IW1FRU, IU1NSA, I4UFH, IV3ZXQ)