Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL RTTY

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL RTTY
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 15:24:41 -0400
It's right in the rules Bob, but it's moot.  As soon as you issue a CW or
RTTY CQ, you've effectively self-spotted.

Skimmers Worldwide broadcast what frequency you're on to the RBN (assuming
the band is not dead) and any cluster which carries RBN spots (a lot? most?)
will regurgitate that info.

RTTY Roundup Rules - 3.0a (arrl.org)
<https://contests.arrl.org/ContestRules/RTTY-RU-Rules.pdf>

.".Generating spotting information for use by other stations is not
considered to be spotting assistance.."

VE9AA

Mike - Keswick Ridge, NB, Canada

Good Morning All

            I have read the rules a couple times about RTTY Roundup but
still

            not sure about one thing.  Self Spotting is not allowed in most
contest,

            but I am thinking it might be in RU ?   Is my thinking wrong ?

                        BoB WA1FCN