Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL RTTY

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL RTTY
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:35:07 -0500
Bob

I  meant to say the skimmer automatically spots you.  I am not a cluster
guru but I believe some skimmers do not have the bandwidth to receiver all
of the RTTY band however many do or at least they do  during contests.
Anytime I have operated assisted on CW or RTTY I almost immediately see my
call spotted after the first or second CQ.  If you are not seeing this,
either you are not being heard or your system is not set to receive skimmer
spots.

GL in RU
John KK9A - W4AAA

robert beaudoin wa1fcn wrote:

     Good Morning John

         John you say "reverse beacon network does a better job at spotting

         automatically",  I guess that is true. Thing is if I am operating

         assisted in any contest it is not often that I see my call
spotted.  I was

         just wondering if I could help myself.

                 Happy New Year........  73  BoB WA1FCN