[CQ-Contest] K6AW SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K6AW SK
From: Trey Garlough <trey@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:28:01 -0800
I am sad to report that Steve Merchant K6AW (ex-N4TQO, W6EMS) passed away this
morning at Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara after a brief illness.  I received
the news from his brother this morning.

Steve was a long time member of the Northern California Contest Club and served
for many years on the board of the Northern California DX Foundation.

He was very active with the N6RO team in Oakley, California, was a key member
of our HC8N team in the Galápagos Islands, and was involved with a great many
activities in the contesting and greater amateur radio community.

RIP Steve.

73,

—Trey, N5KO