Re: [CQ-Contest] Melti Band Dipole?

To: Vincent Weal <vincek4jc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Melti Band Dipole?
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 09:42:55 -0500
I have gotten from many people comments saying to avoid any of the OCF Dipole designs, because of Noise. Especially the probable higher level of noise because the place is an "EOC". (Lots of Computers)

They say a OCFD is much more susceptible to letting these noises in.

Yes? NO?

At my home, Noise I have no background in on it being a problem.
It is sooo quiet here that even on a full sized 40 meter elevated vertical,
I can have the second level pre amp on, and in an empty spot on any band,
the S meter sits at S-0 or maybe tickling up to a max of S-1

Joe WB9SBD