[CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB: Director's gentle warning

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB: Director's gentle warning
From: Douglas Zwiebel <dougzzz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 12:36:56 -0400
Just FYI...

I was reading through the write up for CQWW SSB 2023 and noted this:

https://cqww.com/results/2023_cq_ww_dx_ssb_results.pdf
(Scroll down to *The Director's Thoughts* section)

Excerpt shown below.
de Doug KR2Q

BEGIN SNIP

If you choose to continue to use assistance tools as a single, unassisted
operator, we will very likely uncover your tactics. The same is true for
self-spotting. Without disclosing all the details, the committee now
possesses the ability to listen to virtually any QSO in the contest due to
the implementation of our global SDR network.

Another area of concern is in the signal quality of a few stations. Whether
it’s a dirty amplifier, high power, or a simple matter of turning the knobs
too high, complaints were registered and we followed up by listening to
recordings and issuing warnings. Keep in mind that the rules are quite
specific about this issue and stricter measures are likely next year.

 One final note has to do with signing callsigns. It’s tempting to quickly
work 5 or 10 guys in a row without signing your call. Unfortunately, that’s
incredibly frustrating to the folks on the other side and frankly,
non-compliant with the rules.

 So, with the above being said, you’ve been warned. But, more importantly,
my sincere thanks go to the majority of you that take the goal of fair play
seriously in your station usage and operating style. All of you in this
group are the true winners of our contest!

END SNIP