CT-User

*WANTED* prefixes for zones 17,18,19

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: *WANTED* prefixes for zones 17,18,19
From: reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 1994 10:14:37 -0500
------------------Reply to mail dated 12-FEB-1994 16:05:30.07------------------

Steve, KC7EM asked:

>I am looking for a complete list of prefixes, broken down by CQ zone, for
>Asiatic Russia.  UA9 & UA0 and any other call signs prefixes that have
>been allocated to zones 17,18 & 19.  I am updating the country lookup
>file in my contest program.

According to CQ Awards list:

Zone 16:        UA9(S,W)
Zone 17:        UA9(A,C,F,G,J,K,L,M,Q,X)
Zone 18:        UA8(T,V), UA9(H,O.U,V,Y,Z), UA0(A,B,H,S,U,W)
Zone 19:        UA0(C,D,F,I,J,K,L,Q,X,Z)
Zone 23:        UA0Y

Note that these zones are hard-coded into the CT program, *NOT* in the .CTY
files (except for UA8[T,V]).

Note that the followin prefixes are equivalent:

        RA, RK, RU, RV, RW, RX, RZ, UA, UV, UW, UZ

For example, all of these callsigns are in Zone 23:

        RA0Y, RK0Y, RU0Y, RV0Y, RW0Y, RX0Y, RZ0Y, UA0Y, UV0Y, UW0Y, UZ0Y

Also note that UA9(S,W) stations almost invariably send Zone 17 in the CQWW
contest.

73 - Jim AD1C