CT-User

DTA files merging, and ASCII importing

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: DTA files merging, and ASCII importing
From: ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 14:00:23 EDT
Dave, KA1NCN asked:

>In CTv9, how do I import an ASCII file (parsed in whatever way necessary)
>to CT?

You need to use the R2B9.EXE utility.  This converts a CT9 .RES (ASCII) file
into a .BIN (BINARY) file.  The .RES file format is not published, but if
you log a few QSOs into CT and use the B2R9.EXE utility (.BIN->.RES), then
the format becomes clear.

>Also, I would like to combine my MASTERDX.DTA and my MASTERW.DTA into one
>file, how do I go about doing that?

There are tools for creating these files from the callsign data.  I don't
know of a way, however, to merge the output data.

Fortunately, I think MASTERAL.DTA is already on the BBS, and it includes
both DX and W callsigns.

73 - Jim AD1C
reisert@mlo.dec.com