CT-User

CT 8 & 9 bug in CQP Dupe Check of portables

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT 8 & 9 bug in CQP Dupe Check of portables
From: sharriso@sysplan.com (Steve Harrison)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 11:11:54 +30000
> Also, why can't you add a "delete the last qso" feature?  I know it
> would be a mess for any more than the last one, but sometimes I hit
> the enter key by accident, or the other guy says, "sorry, QSO B4" after
> I have hit the enter key.
>
> >I'm using 8.52, and it did not handle duping of portable stations at
> >all when used in CQP.  This seems like a pretty major problem to me.
>
> >   Doug  NF6H
> Tony Becker - becker@shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.

Just so Ken doesn't get the idea NF6H is alone in desiring the "delete
last Q" and reporting incorrect duping of stations whose mult field is
then corrected, add me to the list. However, on the duping problem, I
seem to recall that it occurs with several contests and not with others.
For example, I believe that in FD, I logged a mobile in something like
SFL and later worked him again in GA; but the GA QSO showed as a dupe. On
the other hand, the VHF QSO Party seemed to handle rovers OK once the new
grid was entered (and by the way, September was the VERY FIRST time I've
EVER heard, much less worked, a rover from a second grid!).

Still can't make up my mind whether to order a DVP board at that
ridiculously low price or not...gess I'll upgrade to CT 9 and just not
use it until the bugs seem to get worked out! Steve, KO0U/4