CT-User

9.10 bug with DVP

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: 9.10 bug with DVP
From: dieven@almaden.ibm.com (Dick Dievendorff)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 08:47:55 -0700
Ken:

I downloaded CT 9.10 last night and tried it with the Harvard Radio DVP board.
 The machine is a 486DX2 clone with 16 meg of memory, VESA local bus, SCSI hard
disk.  The DVP card is at IRQ 7, and there is a printer board at that address
also.  I have tried this at IRQ 5 with no other boards at that IRQ in the past
with CT 9.06 or 9.07 (I forgot which).

Neither the CTPATH nor DVPPATH environment variables are set.  The CT directory
is not in the PATH environment variable, but it is the current directory when I
launch CT.

The DVP works fine with CT 8.42 and the DVPTSR that came with V8.

The DVP works fine with CT 8.42 and the DVPTSR that came with CT 9.01.

It doesn't work with CT 9.10.  Here's what I did:

CT 9.10, selected SSB mode Single Op SS contest, DVP board (DVPTSR was loaded
first).

Typed OFFAIR.
Hit SHIFT-F1.  The red box comes up with a vertical bar - but stationary.  If I
HOLD DOWN Shift-F1 the box rotates.  I spoke for a while into the microphone
and then pressed ESC.  Then I hit F1.  Nothing.  I typed PTT and enter and then
hit F1.  Nothing.

No DVP subdirectory was created.  No files were created.

I then created subdirectory DVP and copied all the messages I had from my
CT8\DVP subdirectory into CT9\DVP.  I launched CT9 and pressed F1 again.
 Nothing.

I think DVP support is still broken in Version 9.10

I reported a similar problem with the CQP contest with version 9.06 or so.
 It's not just CQP.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  If you want me to test anything quickly I
can download easily at home and try again tonight.

73 de Dick, AA6MC