CT-User

Yaesu DVS-2 & CT interface cable

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Yaesu DVS-2 & CT interface cable
From: KU4J@opus.hsv.isg.mot.com (KU4J@opus.hsv.isg.mot.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 8:52:57 -0500 (CDT)
I just finished a neat project last night that owners of the
Yaesu DVS-2 voice keyer might be interested in.  I modified
the DVS-2 and built an interface cable that allows CT to key
the DVS-2 from the keyboard by pressing F1...F4.  By the way
newer versions of the DVS-2 are soft partionable (ie. not 4
fixed messages of 2 seconds). Yaesu can upgrade older DVS-2's
to have the soft partion feature.

The DVS-2 connects to the radio with a 5 pin DIN plug, there
is no access to the 1,2,3,4 switches from this interface. You
have to go into the DVS-2 and bring out 5 signals that correspond
to row/columns on the DVS keypad. I used a small 6 pin IDC type
connector and epoxyed it to the edge of the DVS-2 circuit board.
I made a small cut out on one end of the DVS-2 case to accomodate
the connector.

I used 4 solid state relays inside a null modem case to short
two of the five signals to the DVS-2 to simulate a switch closure.
You could also add an extra relay to also key the radio for CW.
This design is similar to one I did for the TS-850 (May/June NCJ 94).
I will try to put together some drawing/schematics if anyone
is interested.

73's tim/ku4j

----- End forwarded message