CT-User

OS/2 and CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: OS/2 and CT
From: abraun@alb.med.itc.com (Alan Braun)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 94 16:05:01 GMT
I'm thinking about switching to OS/2 Warp, but have some questions related
to CT.  Would appreciate any comments/suggestions people might have.

1. Has anyone tried to run CT under OS/2, particularly OS/2 Warp?  If so,
did you have to make any adjustments to the DOS session settings to make
things run right?

2. More specifically, when running CT under Windows, I've found that the
CW sending is badly fouled up, with 30 wpm CW coming out sounding like 3
wpm.  Does this happen under OS/2 as well, and if so is there a way to fix
it?

3. I have the K1EA DVP board installed.  Does OS/2 require a specific
device driver to make it work, or will it run in a DOS session by loading
the DVPTSR, like it does on a DOS-formatted machine?

I do a fair amount of contesting and use CT for all of my contest-related
activities, so my decision whether to try OS/2 (or not) will be influenced
by the answers to these questions.  Thanks - 73   Alan NS0B

*   Alan Braun MD, NS0B       *   Internet: abraun@alb.med.itc.com      *
*   Jefferson City, MO        *   Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cmo.mo.usa.noam   *