CT-User

SYSTEM DUPES and PACKET CONNECTION

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: SYSTEM DUPES and PACKET CONNECTION
From: rmthorne@ix.netcom.com (Richard Thorne)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 11:39:11 -0800
Need some help.  Going to a multi-multi for ARRL SSB in March.  During
the CQWW SSB we had a few problems with CT version 8.  Any help with
this would be appreciated.  Direct replies will be fine, I'll summarize
later.

Please note that these problems or operator error occured with several
pc's linked, 6 all together.

1 - How does one connect to Packet?  I read the instructions several
    times and good not connect to the local cluster.  I've even tried it
    with one pc not connect to the rest of the computers.  I could type
    a connect message in the packet line, but received no response from
    the tnc.  I was very careful to be sure I had the com drivers
    running and had the correct com port selected.  So any help here
    would be appreciated.

2 - While running the network we would experience duplicate qso's.  For
    example: When the 20 meter station would log a contact it would be
    distributed to the rest of the pc's.  As soon as the other stations
    in the link saw the entry, another exact log would show up.  CT
    would then call that contact a duplicate as it should.  But why
    would the system generate another log entry all by itself.  By the
    way, the pc that entered the original contact would not see the
    duplicate contact.

We will be running version 9 this time around.  Any help would be
appreciated.  One more thing for what its worth, each pc had its own
station number, there was no duplication.

73, Rich - WB5M
rmthorne@ix.netcom.com

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com