CT-User

dvp problem solved!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: dvp problem solved!
From: wf1b@ids.net (wf1b@ids.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 95 18:47:28 -0800
I figured I would relay the results of my troubles with the recent dvp
install here at WF1B.

Originally, the machine would hang as soon as I pressed any key which used
the dvp (such as sh-f1 to record my cq message).  I tried all the IRQ's with
no success.  I sent out a request here for info and recd some info from
Steve AA9AX relating to his ethernet card causing trouble.

I have an Intel EtherExpress card installed and lo and behold it used the
addresses from 300-30F hex.  THe dvp is foxed at 308 hex.  I dug out the
software to tell the ethernet card to move to another address (I chose
310-31F, not knowing what might be there!).  The ethernet and dvp both seem
to be working fine now.

On a somewhat related note,  my COM4 port (attached to a ts-850) will only
send data to the rig.  I get everytime a "Kenwood Initialization" error then
the rig is sent to 14.175.  If I change bands on the rig, CT doesnt know
that the band has changed.  If I type 14200 in the callsign field, the rig
will go there-- no problem.  Any ideas on what could be causing this?  Each
COM port is assign its own IRQ and is set when the tsr is loaded.  No video
accelerator to blame.  I am using the STB-4 board.

73, Ray

  Wyvern Technology, Inc.                            Ray Ortgiesen, WF1B
  35 Colvintown Road                      http://ids.net/~wf1b/home.html
  Coventry, RI 02816-8509                E-Mail preferred:  wf1b@ids.net
  (401) 823-RTTY                         E-Mail alternate:    73750,2177

Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com
Problems:                 reisert@eng.pko.dec.com