CT-User

More on "Enter EXE file name:"

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: More on "Enter EXE file name:"
From: fabry@basisinc.com (Bob Fabry--N6EK)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 22:51:29 -0700
I am using CT 8.53 on an Toshiba T1000 8086 laptop and every time I start CT
it asks me to: "Enter EXE file name:".  The T1000 uses DOS 2.11.  I have the
same problem under an OS/2 DOS session if I tell OS/2 to simulate DOS 2.11,
but not otherwise.  I do not have the problem with CT version 6 even using
DOS 2.11.

Bob Wilson, N6TV, suggested a work-around that is better than nothing,
starting CT as "echo ct.exe | ct file".

But I am still curious.  Is this comment coming from DOS or from CT?  Is
there any way to avoid it?  The answer is obviously not super important,
since there will probably be no new DOS 2.11 CT8 users and there is a
work-around.

-Bob, N6EK

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com