CT-User

BAYCOM & CT...?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: BAYCOM & CT...?
From: a.m.m.bellussi@stud.tue.nl (Aurelio MM Bellussi (PA3EZL))
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 10:40:45 +0100 (CET)
Hello there,

In Europe still many HAM's use the inexpensive and simple BAYCOM modem for
packet. With CT's version 6, the baycom modem could be used together with
a TSR packet program that simulates a TNC (TFPCX). Typing the textcommand
DRSI would make CT communicate the the BAYCOM modem (TFPCX program).
As of version 7 this did not work for me anymore.  In version 9.13, e.g.,
communicating with the TFPCX works as long as I don't give the connect
command. Then my radio transmits once and after a while CT hangs...
My question:

- Has anyone used CT version 7 or later successfully with the baycom modem?
  If so, how did you accomplish that?

Best wishes, 73 de Aurelio

*  Aurelio M.M. Bellussi, student at the University of Technology in *
*                         Eindhoven, the Netherlands                 *
*  Licensed Radio Amateur Operator, Callsigns: PA3EZL,  AA2WH        *
*  Also member of Radio Clubs: PI4TUE/PI5EHV, PI9IRC and PI4VLB      *
*  E-mail address:           a.m.m.bellussi@stud.tue.nl    OR        *
*                            esrac@stack.urc.tue.nl                  *
*  Amateur packet address:   pa3ezl@on5vl.#lg.bel.eu                 *

Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com