CT-User

QSL manager software

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: QSL manager software
From: Gary Schwartz <garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net> (Gary Schwartz)
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 22:43:17 -0500 (CDT)
I am working on the development of a stand alone Windows
application that will be of use both to the average
DXer/CONTESTER and to those who are QSL managers.  This
application would allow one to import CT res/bin files,
DBase logfiles and ASCII logfiles into either separate or
combined databases.  Once this database is created, it
could be sorted on any of the fields.

>From this, one would be able to do the following:

1) Search for all instances of a callsign within the database,
   with or without wildcards.

2) Tag individual entries from the sorted list or directly
   from the database.

3) Print the tagged entries either individually or with
   multiple QSO's per label to either tractor-fed or sheet
   labels.

4) Mark the QSLs as sent, with the date printed.

5) The label format would be able to be fully customizable with
   such things as callsigns, salutations, graphics and such.

What I am looking for from you is some feed-back and any
suggestions.  I am especially interested in any input from the
users and authors of TR and NA regarding what file export formats
are available. (I don't use/have either of these contest logging
programs)  I can't think of what the use might be but would
export capabilities be useful?

Later versions could support such things as postage requirements,
number of IRC's required, bureau sorting/addressing and
automatic look-up of addresses via CD ROM.

Any other suggestions?

73,
Gary K9GS    (You have to STOP the Q-Tip when there's resistance !)
        | Gary Schwartz  K9GS           E-Mail: garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net |
        | Society of Midwest Contesters   Packet:K9GS@WA9KEC.WI.USA.NOAM |
        | Greater Milwaukee DX Association Secretary/Treasurer           |

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@eng.pko.dec.com