CT-User

New country files CTY-504 released

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: New country files CTY-504 released
From: reisert (reisert)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 13:25:42 -0400
New country files dated 10/12/95 10:44 have been released.

You can get them from:

1.  Send a message to ct-user-REQUEST@eng.pko.dec.com, and in the body of
    the message put one or more of the following commands:

        GET cqww.cty
        GET arrl.cty
        GET iaru.cty
        GET ctyhdg.pre
        GET cty.dat
        GET history.cty
        GET cty.zip

    CTY.ZIP will be sent UUencoded, and includes all the files above.

2.  Anonymous FTP from the following sites:

        ftp://maspar.maspar.com/pub/k2mm/ct-files/cty.zip
        ftp://ve7tcp.ampr.org/software/ct/cty.zip

    ATTN NETSCAPE USERS:  When I attempted to get the cty.zip file
    from K2MM, I got the April file instead of the October file.
    Anonymous FTP worked OK, though.  If you get the wrong file
    (the October file is 78114 bytes), send a message to John
    (k2mm@maspar.com).

3.  Update your copy of CT on the CT BBS (508-460-8877).  CTY-504.EXE
    will be included in the update - just type CTY-504 to extract the
    country files.

    Or just download the file CTY-504.EXE

    I have not been able to get into the CT BBS since uploading the
    file.  If you don't get CTY-504 with your CT update, or you get
    other CTY files, send a message to K1EA (ken@packetcluster.com)
    and tell him what the problem is, so he can fix it - I can not.

4.  Download the file CTY-504.ZIP from the DX BBS (502-898-8864).

Here are the release notes from the last couple of revisions.  Note that
African Italy, IG9, was added to the country files in April.  If you are using
CT8, and have not upgraded recently, you should also download CTYHDG.PRE which
adds this new prefix.

Send questions to me (mailto:reisert@eng.pko.dec.com).

73 - Jim AD1C

25-Apr-95       * Added Italian Africa for CQWW (K3EST).
(CTY-503)       * Added 4U9Q to callsign list for Zaire, 9Q.
                * Added TO5G to prefix list for Guadeloupe, FG.
                * Added TO2DX to callsign list for Martinique, FM.
                * Added TO7I to callsign list for St. Pierre & Miquelon, FP.
                * Added KL9K to prefix list for Korea, HL.
                * Added AH7, KH7, NH7 and WH7 to prefix list for Hawaii, KH6.
                * Changed prefixes for Kure, KH7, to AH7K, KH7K, NH7K, WH7K.
                * Changed prefixes for Alaska, KL7, to AL, KL, NL, WL.
                * Added KP3, NP3, WP3 to prefix list for Puerto Rico, KP4.
                * Added 4U/KC0PA to callsign list for Western Sahara, S0.
                * Removed old-style Russian prefixes beginning with R.
                * Added VY9CC (VE3) and VY9QR (VE5) to callsign list for
                  Canada, VE.
                * Added VP8CSE to callsign list for S. Orkney, VP8/o.
                * Simplified prefixes for Yugoslavia, YU.

12-Oct-95:      * Added BV9S to prefix list for Spratley, 1S. (K3ZO)
(CTY-504)       * Added 3D2AA, 3D2HI, 3D2HK, 3D2ID, 3D2KZ, 3D2MU and 3D2SH
                  to callsign list for Rotuma, 3D2/r (OPDX225).
                * Added 4U50VIC to callsign list for 4U1V, United Nations OE.
                * Removed prefix XR0Z from Juan Fernandez, CE0Z.
                  This will make it come up as Easter I., CE0A. (KK6EK)
                * Added UA3YH/KC4 to callsign list for Antarctica, CE9
                  (AA8OT/UA3AP).
                * Added TO5M to prefix list for St. Pierre, FP.
                  Changed TO5M under FM, Martinique, to TO5MM. (K9GS)
                * Added TO9IS to callsign list for French Guyana, FY.
                * Added GB5SI to callsign list for GM/Shetlands. (WZ1R)
                * Added JW2FL to callsign list for Bear I., JW7.
                * Added KG4AN, KG4CM, KG4MN and KG4NR to callsign list
                  for Guantanamo, KG4.
                * Added KG6ASO to callsign list for Marianas, KH0.
                * Added T8 to prefix list for Belau, KC6.
                  Removed T8 from prefix list for South Africa, ZS.
                * Added 4U/RW3AH to callsign list for Yugoslavia, YU.
                * Added VK9NM to callsign list for Lord Howe, VK9L.

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@eng.pko.dec.com