CT-User

LPT pinouts

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: LPT pinouts
From: jholly@hposl62.cup.hp.com (Jim Hollenback)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 08:54:37 -0800
On Nov 4, 10:59am, Ken Wolff wrote:
> Subject: LPT pinouts
>

> [ text/plain ] :
>

>             Proposed pin assignments for V9.27
>

> -----------------------  LPT1
>
> CW Keying:              1
> CW Pullup:              17
>
> DVK F1-F4:              3, 4, 5, 6
>
> -----------------------  LPT2
>
> CW PTT:                 1                 to avoid relay chatter
>
> Escape bit for DVK:     17                pulsed low to halt DVK

Ken,

Thanks for the opportunity to comment on 9.27. I look forward to it
so I can use both my OMNI and DVK ... and that is why I am writting.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, it seems that the to fully use the DVK,
it requires two LPT ports. This is kinda' hard with a W9XT card. How
about putting the Escape bit on the same port as the F1-F4 bits? Would
also be best for an outboard DVK. It also means keeping the CW keying
on the same port. I my personal situation the CW PTT is not needed, so
it being on LPT2 is not a problem. Not sure where the escape bit is now
for the W9XT card since I just got one. It may mean a new ADDRGAL to
handle that, but we probably get Gary to do that. What say other
W9XT users?

Of course for my personal situation, I would prefer the DVK F keys and
CW keying to go to LPT2 so I don't have to change all my normal applications
to use LPT2. (the W9XT card is LPT2 now).

73, Jim, WA6SDM
jholly@cup.hp.com

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html
Questions:                reisert@ve7tcp.ampr.org