CT-User

INFO response: HELP

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: INFO response: HELP
From: gswanson@arrl.org (Swanson, Glenn, KB1GW)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 11:07:00 EST
I'm forwarding this for Mike Tracy, KC1SX,  here at HQ -- per his request:

 --KB1GW
 - - - - - - - - - -

(Taking a deep breath)

Lyndon, et. al.  Here is the complete and utter story:

1. In the October issue of QST, we printed an abbreviated version of the
rules with (slightly flawed) instructions on obtaining the complete rules
and entry forms from the email Info-Server.

2. In the November issue, we printed an article sidebar "The Top Ten
Sweepstakes Questions--and their Answers" that had better information on
obtaining the files.

3. The BARC archives are updated by me.  We do not have an automated system
to do this, so that means that I have to FTP a 4 meg file to oakland
whenever I do an update (about once every other month).

4. I have not been contacted regarding the organization of the archives -
that is why they are still in the form that they are - because I have not
received any suggestions to the effect that there was a problem.  I had in
the past received a few complaints that folks did not know which directories
to find files in, so I created the index.txt file (in the
/pub3/hamradio/arrl/infoserver directory) that lists which files are in
which directories (including the qst-binaries files) with descriptions.  I
have not received any further questions since.

As I state at the end of the Info-Server help file and most of the other
files from the Info-Server, if you have any questions, complaints or
comments about this service, please direct them to me.

Best Regards, Michael Tracy, KC1SX, ARRL Technical Information Services
American Radio Relay League, Inc.     Tel: 1-860-594-0200
225 Main Street                       Fax: 1-860-594-0259
Newington, CT 06111                   Email: mtracy@arrl.org (internet)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html
Questions:                reisert@ve7tcp.ampr.org