CT-User

CT support

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT support
From: kf3p@cais.cais.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 03:19:18 -0400
>Steve - I've had trouble with their support too.  When I went to their
>booth in Dayton I was "greeted" by a surly LZ1, who, when I asked him
>if CT had a new update for Dayton like NA did, responded by saying
>"what's there to add, it already has everything", in a really snotty
>tone.  Two of my friends were with me, both new contesters, and both
>of them went to K3LR's booth & bought NA.
>
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
>* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>
>--
>Submissions:              ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
>Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org
>WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
>Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org

Well, CT support mostly sucks, but there are plenty of people using it that
can help you, and it's far more speedy and somewhat more bug-free than NA.

It's also usually one step ahead of NA in PROPER implementation of major
features for power users and multi-ops:  50 line mode with movable windows,
fast efficient "super-check-partial",  a very functional radio interface and
band map window, and several other minor details.

NA's selling point is CT-like operation for a lot of contests that CT doesnt
support.

73, Tyler KF3P