CT-User

DVP Problems; Random clicks on playback

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: DVP Problems; Random clicks on playback
From: aa2mf@planet.earthcom.net (aa2mf@planet.earthcom.net)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 22:32:20 -0400 (EDT)
                I just set up a new 486DX66 for contest loging. The
                computer has 4 meg of ram and a 540 meg hard drive.
                The computer is wired to control my Icom 765 with
                a DVP board for voice operation. The DVP board has
                been part of my contest setup for many years working
                quit well in another 486dx66 computer. As part of
                the new setup i transfered my voice file collection
                to the new setup. A test of the new computer found
                a random clicking simular to what sounds like a scrach
                on an old record. The amount of clicks run in groups of
                as many as 7 to as few as 1. The grouping is never the
                same so if a recorded "CQ TEST" is played over and over
                the clicking order is never the same. Recording a new
                message and recording a new message with the mic
                disconnected still produces the clicks.

                Before ripping apart this setup i am hopeing someone may
                have had this problem and hopefully solved it.

                RICH/AA2MF   aa2mf@planet.earthcom.net

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org