CT-User

Compilation - CT jumpy band switching

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Compilation - CT jumpy band switching
From: rmp@ix.netcom.com (Randy Powell)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 00:11:05 -0700
Here's are the answers I got to my query about
jumpy band-switching in CT v 9.27:
-=-
Yeah, CT 9.27 did seem a bit "jumpy" when changing
bands via the F keys.

Swanson, Glenn,  KB1GW <gswanson@arrl.org>
-=-
Bet you were using a Kenwood radio.  Have noticed
the same thing here, but only on Kenwoods.
Hope you find a solution, in which case, I would be
interested in the answer.

[We *were* using Kenwoods, but none of the stations
controlled the radio, only used CT to log and send
CW -NZ6N]

de Sig, N3RS
sig@newtech.net
-=-
IN OUR NOVICE TENT WE COULDN'T GET IT TO STICK TO
10n/15n/ETC. -- IT WOULD JUMP TO THE NEXT POSSIBLE
ENTRY.  COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT.  WE ALSO NOTICED
THE JUMPINESS -- BUT THE OTHER STATIONS WOULD
POSITION ON THE NOVICE BANDS SO I FIGURE I CAN
CLEAN IT UP POST CONTEST.

DAVE N6DLU
-=-
Hi Randy.  I noticed that this was only a problem
when the other stations were being used.  When I
was alone at night, it was not slow, and I could
also change down.  When only one other station was
on, changing down would work only sometimes.

73, Dennis KQ6AG
-=-
None of our CT run stations could get to the "SAT"
band. What A pain. I thought it was just murphy
reminding us he was there. I guess its a real
bug.

Tom, N2GQS
-=-
Hi Randy, I noticed a similar problem using 9.26.
It seemed like I had to hit Alt  F1/F2 numerous
times to get it to move.

73...Jim, WB0OLA, 76353.1416@compuserve.com
-=-
Had the same problem....but didn't know that it was
not just the machine that CT was installed on. And,
we were only using the logging program (not
connected to the radio).

I'll be interested in the resonses you get.

And, since the logging computer wasn't mine, the
owner will be interested too.

73, Ben - K2PBP
-=-
I've had the same problems with 9.26. I remember
having this happen before and somehow fixed it but
have been inactive from contesting long enough that
I don't remember what I did. I use Kenwoods here
(940/680) but dunno if users of other radios are
involved. Computer is 486DX/40 with 16550 UARTS.

Len Revelle  KE9YR  lenrev@wwa.com
-=-
Yes, it is a known bug in CT.  K1EA will fix it the
next chance he gets, he was out-of-town the week
before Field Day.

If there are any OTHER bugs (besides the bug K1KI
noted where typing <CALL>=<prefix> into the
callsign field crashes CT), please post them on
the reflector, or send E-mail to K1EA
(ken@cerulean.com) SOON so he can clean them up
before IARU/WRTC.

73 - Jim AD1C