CT-User

[ct-user] CT - TS950SDX

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT - TS950SDX
From: k0rc@pclink.com (Robert Chudek)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 15:21:53 -0500
Hello Gord,

        Yes indeed, there was a EPROM update for the early Kenwood
TS-950SXD radios.  I don't know the serial number cut off, but you
can determine if you need the update simply by going to SSB and
running CT simultaneously.  The problem radios would introduce a
repetitive "thumping" sound in the transmitted audio.  You could
even hear it in the monitor position with headphones.  I believe
there was a microprocessor timing issue that was resolved with the
updated firmware.  K1EA and Kenwood quickly determined the problem
and Kenwood furnished the fix.

        73 de Bob - K0RC

*****