CT-User

[ct-user] Single Band Log with Other Bands

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Single Band Log with Other Bands
From: David B. Ritchie" <dbr@alumni.caltech.edu (David B. Ritchie)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 23:32:25 -0800 (PST)
I think that you can use the one line summary for 20M as your entry score
and I wouldn't worry about the rest of it -- just include a note and I am
sure that the ARRL can handle it.  Otherwise, if you insist on cleaning
up the log file, then convert it to a wordproceesor file (Wordperfect,
Word, etc.) search all the non-20 entries, and convert them all to zero
point/zero mult entries -- then convert it back to a text file and submit
it.  Again -- I can't imagine that ARRL can't handle it unmodified.

Good luck
Dave N7UE

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997 markg@iserver.starlight.com wrote:

>      I just finished using CT 9.27 for the ARRL DX contest and have been
> working
>      on getting the log together. But I have a little problem and I think I
> may
>      be stuck.
>

>      I am entering as single band, but 20M gets mighty quiet at night so I
> made
>      contacts on other bands and logged them in CT.  I think this is ok since
>      the rules mention sending in the log for checking.  However, I can find
>      no way to keep CT from counting the other bands as valid contacts and
>
>      multipliers even though I set it to single band (it also does not seem
>      to have a place to enter the band).
>
>      It is easy to figure out the single band score but the log gives points
> for
>      all valid contacts and marks all multipliers. The ARRL log is not
> separated
>      by band, so will I have to do a lot of manual editing on the log? It
> would
>      seem so.
>

>      73,
>      Mark N6SF
>
>      markg@starlight.com
>

> --
> Submissions:              ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
> Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org
> WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
> Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org

David B. Ritchie, Esq.
D'Alessandro & Ritchie, P.C. -- Intellectual Property Lawyers
3521 E. Yorkshire Road, Pasadena, CA  91107-5432
818-683-8800 (TEL)   818-683-8900 (FAX)   dbr@alumni.caltech.edu