CT-User

[ct-user] CT, Com Ports, IRQ's and headaches

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT, Com Ports, IRQ's and headaches
From: W5XD@delphi.com (W5XD@delphi.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:07:25 -0500 (EST)
David Robbins, K1TTT wrote:
>Wayne E. Wright wrote:
>>Getting a board with an IRQ per COM port is not the only solution for
>>contesting setups, although its the only one avialble to DOS users.

>no, dos users can use the digiboard 8 port com card that has 8 ports
>on one irq. ct has supported this since i asked ken to support it
>years ago (and provided him with one of the cards to test with..

OK. I ammend my original statement. DOS users DO have the option
of convincing their software vendors to support
new hardware options.

But not ALL of us have that kind of stroke with our vendors.

Wayne, W5XD

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org